Monday, August 10, 2009

The End of Cake Week

So Friday concluded cake week with cupcakes and Genoise cake.
At this point I can't wait for something besides sugar. I know that sounds weird coming from a person working towards becoming a pastry chef but at this point I haven't been eating any of the sugary goodness I have been making because my body can't handle any more sugar.


Give me a loaf of bread for goodness sakes.
Above is my own concoction called Citrus Cupcakes, yellow cupcakes made with orange and lemon peel then a butter cream frosting made with orange juice.
On top we have some candied orange pieces.

Next we have a Genoise cake (sponge cake) with mint chocolate chip flavored butter cream frosting and coated in chocolate sprinkles.
I only wish smell-a-vision was possible!
So overall it was a good week with lots of sweets and a good grade on my test!
Next week is the last week of this class before six weeks of bread class.
It's amazing how time flies when you are having fun.

No comments: