Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Bus Ate My Work

So I got on the bus with multiple pieces of bread, ranging from bagels to more baguettes after a long day at school. But today I also had these wonderful soft breads that were filled with turkey, bacon, and cheese (as well as onion in a few). After stuffing the bread, they were then baked in the oven so everything got nice and melted inside. I walked on the bus with two bags full of these things....I walked off with two individual soft breads (think of them as a hot pocket, but way better). I felt mugged in a way! Most days I usually keep to myself and ride the bus to school in the morning and home in the afternoon, but holy cow I had people asking me over my shoulder if they could have one and before I knew it everyone around me was tasting my work.
I have to admit in a way I was a little irritated since I myself had not been able to taste one, but to hear everyone say how great they were (as well as that this bus ride was the best one they had ever had) made me happy. And of course when the bus driver herself asks to try one you have to hand one over, I do have to make it home!
But that is the true joy about baking....
it may be a job but it sure can make someone's day.
So I would love to show you a picture of these delicious little things but unfortunately they have now disappeared. After finishing one, a woman on the bus told me that I should "Quit school right now and open up a little shop just selling these things!", which I couldn't help but laugh at.
It's only week 6 of school for goodness sakes, these filled soft breads are only
the tip of the iceberg.

No comments: