Monday, December 8, 2008

When Life Throws a Curve Ball...


Ever since I graduated from high school and moved on to college I never seemed to find the right fit for what I wanted to do "when I grew up". Even up to a month ago the plan was to keep on pushing through college until I got my teaching degree....which would be a very long time from now. Then life took a sudden turn. When I was young I always thought it would be so cool to have a bakery. To make beautiful cakes, or create pastries that make people's mouth water the second they walk through the door. Being that the economy is what it is at the moment, the bakery gig isn't quite as profitable as I would like so I looked for something close to it when something kinda fell in my lap. Suddenly I was going through applications and was being interviewed and now I will be a student at Western Culinary Institute Le Cordon Bleu school in beautiful Portland starting in July. Let me tell you right now.....I am so excited that I could jump out of my skin. I will be getting another associates in culinary arts to become a chef. Now it's not the pastry artist that I have dreamed of....but so much more. Now to think that I will be moving away, especially since I have lived in the same area all of my life!! I might not know what to do with myself. So the countdown begins....

No comments: