Saturday, October 11, 2008

Missing the Butterflies

The cold has started to come and with each passing night I begin to see my beautiful flowers wilt. With the wilting flowers the butterflies that I enjoyed watching so much begin to dissappear, flying away to their winter homes hopefully somewhere warm. Waking up early in the morning to get ready to get to school only to find snow on the ground showed that I need to knit that much faster. The four sweaters that are all in the midst of being half way finished must be done soon I tell myself, cause if they aren't I'll just continue to put them off till the next winter. It's amazing how it sneaks up on you. It seemed like just yesterday that we were sitting on the deck on a humid summer night looking up at the brightly lit stars that illuminated the sky, hoping to see just one suddenly bolt across the deep midnight sky. Then I am suddenly sitting in a classroom, starting the school year once again. And now it's almost time for pumpkins and ghosts with little people running from door to door in hopes for mounds of candy. It's time to knit to stay warm and all I can think about it butterflies. Before we know it....there will be butterflies and we will be dreaming of snowflakes and sweaters.

No comments: