Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Resolutions and the Yarn Addiction

So I have been on a knitting rampage lately. Usually the standard after Christmas is to pack away my needles for at least 3 months and not even think of starting another project. But this year was much different. The second I was done with the Christmas projects I moved on to more projects and knitted my way through Christmas, New Years, and the start of 2011. Why the persistent need to knit this year? Well there are many reasons but the main one is to work through the constant stress, pain, and ongoing problems jumping in front of our moving bus called life. All that matters is that I am happy with a husband that I know I could never do without. Who helps me through thick and thin, being there for me when so many others would not. He is the one that keeps me going and for that I am grateful. One of my many resolutions this year is to constantly let him know how much I love him. Then my parents who have gone through so much in the last year. My mom just had another scare, being rushed into surgery to remove yet another piece of her that was tested for cancer. Luckily all was well but the pain and stress of it all was not fair to a woman who has already been through so much. Then my dad holding her hand through it all and being there when she wakes up after each proceedure or surgery. They both have been tough and though its hard to know, soon life will be back to normal. One week from tomorrow is my mom's last radiation appointment. A feat in which she declared that she wanted the biggest beer she could find that night when we are take her out to dinner to celebrate. Another resolution this year, to show my parents how much I appreciate them.
     Then there are those resolutions like losing weight and getting healthy that everyone makes every year in which I too always want. I have already started on those but are also working on less pain. Fibromyalgia has been kicking my butt lately and it's requiring a fight to get to normal... well as normal as possible. So finally the knitting resolution. 1. I plan on actually getting my Christmas presents done before December. An amazing idea that you think would of kicked in by now. 2. Working through as much of my knitting yarn stash as possible and get it down from over 100 balls of yarn right now to under 50. Yes! I will make this happen. Then number 3. The last and final crazy idea that may or may not happen. This one is to get all of my projects in progress completed and have only a couple projects that I work on, complete, and then start new ones. I know many from my knitting group are probably laughing their heads off right now.
     So a new year with so many possibilities. Right now I just need to focus on one thing at a time... like my husband standing in front of the TV playing games on our Xbox Kinect. I think I am going to laugh so hard I pee my pants.

No comments: